Thursday, July 10, 2008

D-Day (for Decision)

Well, it is 1 a.m. and I can't sleep. In 3-1/2 hours we will officially be up, readying ourselves for the trip northeast, and on our way to pick up Kim, Brandy, and Cory. Calmer tonight than all the others -- resignation is the thing we feel most right now. Whatever happens later this morning, whatever "they" decide, we are resigned to. I've tried for over an hour to get to sleep, but it's not happening. After listening to Bucky talk in his sleep and snore, I finally got up and headed for the first floor. He awoke to ask me if I was okay, I said I couldn't sleep and he said he hadn't been able to, either. I said, oh, yes, you have -- I've been listening to you snoring and talking in your sleep.

So, here I sit in the quiet of the family room, waiting for the clock to shake us out of our rest and the sun to light the way to New York. Hopefully when I check back in later today, I'll have a positive, pro-active plan to report thanks to our two doctor visits this morning.

No comments: